Sunday, January 10, 2016

Lesson 10

Today's lesson again comes to you courtesy of Mental Floss, this time in website form. I innocently fell down the rabbit hole that is Facebook and stumbled into "10 Shocking Secrets of Flight Attendants". While the list had many little tidbits of information I had no idea about, I grew a little more appreciation for the polite faces greeting me as I board.
Apparently being a flight attendant is not as lucrative as one might think, starting salary is only around $18k a year. But what I found most shocking is that they only get paid their regular pay when they are considered "in flight". So, unless the door is closed and the plane is moving, they are only getting an expense allowance of $1.50/hr. I know I would be tempted to let rude passengers figure out what to do with their oversized carry-on on their own! So next time you are greeted by that smiling face by the door at the end of the jet way, smile back, it's the least you can do in return. Until tomorrow...have a nice flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment