Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Lesson 5

Full disclosure, I didn't take the video above today, but I did learn a little bit more about what is in it today. As many of you know, I moved to Florida chasing my love of Disney and have ended up working for Disney Vacation Club. I still have those moments that everything is magical and one of those has been standing in the the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights. Sadly, they announced that this year would be the 20th and final year for this amazing Christmas light display. It was scheduled for them to dance for the last time this last Sunday, so we went for a farewell visit on Saturday night.
While standing near the globe at the far end of the street, I looked up and saw that one of the angels danced a little differently. While all the other angels fluttered with wings going opposing directions, this one always shifted the same direction. Now, I don't know if this is on purpose or just by fault that this angel is unique, but it seemed special to me.
Getting to what I learned today. It turns out there is another special angel in the display, a solid white one. This angel supposedly was added to the collection in 2011 after Jennings Osborne passed away and is meant to stand as a memory of him and all the good things he did for others.

As a special surprise, the Osborne Lights have been extended to stay on until tomorrow night, I am hoping to get a chance to visit one last time and check in on these special angels. Until tomorrow...sparkle on!


P.S. if the video above is not working, I apologize, here is a link to it on YouTube Osborne Lights Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment