Saturday, January 16, 2016

Lesson 15

We have all heard about eating fruit for nutrients and how juicers will even throw in the skins for an extra punch of them. Well, I'm not into juicing, and I almost exclusively drink water, so I just leave the skins behind. Today I came across the idea of making sun tea out of pineapple skins! Apparently pineapple contains Bromelain, which helps with all sorts of things from protein digestion to possibly preventing blood clots. Sounds good and me, and I love pineapple, so why not. After a little Google digging, there are recipes for both iced and hot tea versions. Some are as simple as just the skins and core of the pineapple with water. Others have extra ingredients to add more nutrients or flavor from ginger to cinnamon to honey. This site has a couple of basic recipes to get you started. I think I will give it a try next time I cut up a pineapple.  Until tomorrow...Think outside The obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment