Monday, January 18, 2016

Lesson 17

For many of us, it is that time of year when it can be downright ugly outside. Here in Florida, there's  not a lot of what most people would call cold, but it has been cooler and we have rain year around.
I love wearing "Toms" shoes, but on a rainy day, they get wet and are miserable to have on the rest of the day. Today I learned an easy trick to keep any type of fabric shoe dry on a rainy day. I found two versions out there, but both had the same concept. You take either a piece of beeswax or a cheap tealight candle and vigorously rub the wax over the material until you have an even coating over the entire fabric area. Then you take your blow dryer and heat the shoe until the wax melts and is absorbed into the fabric. It's that easy, now water will bead up and run off instead of soaking through to your feet. I wonder which pair I will try this on first??? Until tomorrow....think warm thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment