Monday, January 4, 2016

Lesson 4

While on a short reprieve at work today (who knew January was the official vacation booking month of the year), I was thumbing through an issue of Mental_Floss magazine. Being how fleeting of a moment it was, I didn't make it far, and I have this strange habit of thumbing through magazines, but I stumbled upon a blip about an artist who took a literal translation artistically.
In German, the word for light bulb is Gluhbirne, which literally translates to glow pear in English. The artist took this meaning and tested it. They placed a light source inside of a pear and was enthralled with all the texture the was brought out my the light shining through. Unsurprisingly, a glowing pear looks just like a light bulb, those Germans must be onto something. After the pear, they continued to light up the inside of many other fruits and loved the intensity the light gave the colors of the fruit.  I don't know about you, but it is incredibly tempting to stick a flashlight in my next afternoon snack just to see what would happen.
I wonder if tomorrow a pear will flick on above my head...lol...until tomorrow keep your thinking caps on.

No comments:

Post a Comment