Thursday, January 7, 2016

Lesson 7

Today's lesson comes courtesy of Jason Goldtrap, everyone's favorite neighbor at work. A few days ago, Jason posted a story of all the lesser known deaths of 2015. I briefly glanced at it between calls, and thought what a neat thing to create. Today he mentioned that one of the ones on the list was Lillian Vernon, definitely a name that rang a bell with me. I have many memories of thumbing through her catalogs of all sorts of customizable children's items. What I didn't know about Lillian Vernon, was that not only did she start as a very small business out of her garage and grow to be a household name, but her company was the first publicly traded company on the American stock exchange to be founded by a woman. I am always pleasantly surprised to learn about the women that changed history and paved to way for the success of anyone with a dream and dedication.  Until tomorrow...just think "The More You Know"

No comments:

Post a Comment