Thursday, January 14, 2016

Lesson 14

I apologize in advance for a sappy entry today.
I've frequently said that friends are the family you choose, but the last 36 hours has confirmed that they chose you too. Josh has unfortunately had to be in the hospital and we are still waiting to find out what is going on for sure. While all of our family back in Texas has been praying for him and supporting me, it isn't the same as having them here. But today, I learned that people here and even far away are thinking about us and wishing Josh the best. Not only have we had offers of "anything I can do to help" from our friends nearby and great support from my managers at work, but the online community that Josh is an active member of has shown how much they care. There have been moments I was almost brought to tears to see the tweets and thoughts for Josh today. To all of you have taken the time to pray for us and let Josh know he is loved, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. So, today I learned we aren't alone here, we have this giant extended family that is taking care of us from near and far. Until tomorrow...we are thinking about you too!

3 comments:

  1. This made me smile and tear up at the same time. Thinking about you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh, I think in this case, you can take credit for being MVP

    ReplyDelete