Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Lesson 18

Happy National Popcorn Day!
I love popcorn!  Just about any kind will please me, but I lean toward the sweet and salty varieties. In honor of it being popcorn day, I thought I would pick up a couple popcorn factoids.
"Popcorn has more protein than any other cereal grain. It also has more iron than eggs or roast beef. It has more fiber than pretzels or potato chips."
All those health benefits, I should pop me a bowl more often!
For more interesting popcorn facts head over here

My favorite way to pop up a snack is to take a brown lunch sack and put 1/4 cup of kernels in the bottom. Then I spray a bit of cooking spray and shake it up. At this point you can add seasoning of your choice, my favorite is Caribbean jerk spice blend. Fold the top of the bag over twice, shake, and microwave about 2 minutes or until the popping slows. ENJOY!

Until tomorrow....snack smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment